Did you know that March is broccoli Month? Broccoli is a great source of fiber, antioxidants, and other beneficial nutrients. Here are a few fun facts about it:
- It is very high in Vitamin C and one cup of raw chopped broccoli can provide your entire daily needed intake.
- Have extra broccoli? Fresh broccoli can be blanched and frozen for up to a year.
- For maximum flavor and nutrition, steam broccoli for 5 or more minutes in the microwave or on the stove.
- It has 1 gram of fiber per 10 calories. It can help you maintain healthy bacteria levels in your gut.
- Although it may be known as the "Golden State," California produces 90% of our nation's broccoli.